This is, as they say, it. Today is the last day of September and the final day of MoFo 2013. I think it’s been a good run. I’m pleased that I shared more original recipes than usual, but a little disappointed that I was harried for the last week (after returning from RI) and didn’t post any new ones during that time. C’est la vie, I guess. My trip was worth it!
When I was preparing for this MoFo, I started Pinning potential recipes like crazy. But there are only so many days in the month (and only so many baked goods I can stomach), so many of those recipes went unmade. But I thought I’d share some of the ones I haven’t yet made, because there are just so many great options for working with seasonal fruit. Enjoy!
Recipes featuring apples
- Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Apple Cobbler Smoothie
- Apple and Cinnamon Pull-Apart Hot Cross Buns with Maple Icing
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam + Breakfast Parfait
Recipes featuring blackberries
Recipes featuring blueberries
Recipes featuring pumpkin (…yeah, there are a lot…)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pots de Creme
- Five-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge
- Frosty Pumpkin Shake
- Garlic Pumpkin Knots
- No-Bake Pumpkin Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Chai
- Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Vanilla Glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Spelt Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Although some of the above recipes were posted during this MoFo, many of them have been available for a few years. So I thought I’d also share some non-seasonal-fruit recipes from this MoFo that made me drool. My fellow bloggers cooked up some amazing concoctions this past month!
- Baklava Cupcakes (And check out pretty much all of Luca’s other post from MoFo—there are a ton of intriguing savory cupcake recipes!)
- Butterbeer (Very sweet, I’m sure, but perfect for a Harry Potter party!)
- Gobi Aloo Wrap (An Indian meal in a wrap—genius.)
- Hearts of Palm Crab Cakes (These are just the perfect little cakes!)
- Mandelhörnchen, aka Marzipan Almond Crescents (Mihl’s theme taught me SO much about German baking!)
- Milk Duds (Even if you’re not a Mad Men fan, check out Kelly’s theme for the beautiful photos and food styling.)
- Raw Banoffee Pie (I don’t even like bananas very much, and this still makes me drool.)
- Salted Caramels (I love J.J.’s Cocomels, sooo…)
Whew! I think that’s enough links for now. :)
To wrap up, here’s a photo of a recipe I created last August in preparation for MoFo. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out the way I’d wanted, so I never posted it. But I’m thinking I’ll perfect it soon and share it then. I still have lots of other ideas I never implemented, so look out for more seasonal (and slightly unseasonal) fruit recipes in the months to come!
How was YOUR vegan month of food? What recipes inspired you?