How do you feel about leftovers?
Leftovers are fantastic. I haaate worrying about what I’ll pack for lunch the next day, and leftovers simplify that decision. I’m still not terribly adept at planning quantities now that I cook for two, though. In the past I could reliably anticipate how much I’d eat and plan to make extra, but when S and I are dining together, I find myself with leftovers a little less often than I’d like. You’d think I could’ve figured this out after two and a half years…!
Your top five vegan products (including clothing, cleaning supplies, make up, shoes, soap, whatever).
* My Matt & Nat purses. I have a large cream-colored bag with metallic studs on the front and a small, across-the-chest golden yellow bag with similar metallic studs on the front flap. I love them both! The big one is great for traveling; I can fit books, knitting, a camera, and all sorts of things in it. I used the yellow one pretty exclusively this summer; it’s lightweight and forces me to cut down on the stuff I carry with me. The only issue is that it’s not large enough for favorite item #2…
* My wallet from Herbivore! I’ve had this for three years and it’s still holding up beautifully. It’s also insanely cute.
* Manic Panic mascara. I have tried quite a few vegan mascaras and was disappointed with nearly all of them. Zuzu Luxe was my go-to for a while, but it took a lot of coats to make a difference. (Still 100x times better than the useless stuff I tried from All Natural Face.) I found Manic Panic recently, and I love it. It goes on perfectly and gives me the volume I want. It’s also pretty cheap, comparatively!
* Dr. Bronner’s peppermint liquid soap. I don’t use this all the time, but when I do, I love it. It’s S’s preferred body wash; he likes the tingly feel and scent. I love that it’s so multi-purpose!
* An adorable t-shirt my mom got me from the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival. Okay, so it says “vegetarian,” not “vegan.” Whatever. I just love the design on this t-shirt, and that’s saying something, because I’m not usually a slogan-y t-shirt type of person!
Post a picture of a cat!
Sure! I might be allergic to kitties, but I still appreciate them and their fickle, enigmatic ways.
This is one of my best friends with Toff, the sweet campus cat who used to roam around Carleton. He made himself at home everywhere, including our town house senior year. Everybody loved him, and when he passed away a few years ago, his story got picked up by local press and the AP.
What are your answers to any/all of these questions? What are you doing on this Sunday?