Week Four: Occasions Week
We love a good celebration! This week focuses on those special occasions in your life.
I’ll admit it’s difficult feeling celebratory when the weather is grey, cloudy, and wet, and when I’ve been torturing myself by listening to the Kavanaugh assault allegation hearing on and off all day. But maybe that’s the perfect reason to think about — and look at! — fun, bright, celebratory recipes. Let’s go with that! So today I’m sharing a list of some of my favorite inspiring sites and blogs for vegan recipes worth bringing to a celebration… or even just making to cheer yourself up. Let’s go!
Where to find fun, celebratory vegan recipes
- The Almond Eater. A new find for me, this blog has some seriously beautiful recipes that look quite doable. I love the way Erin elevates relatively simple dishes with new flavors and fun presentations — like this mini chocolate-hibiscus cake or these orange zest chocolate-covered pretzels.
- Best of Vegan. Though not solely focused on sweets, this curated list of recipes are Insta-worthy treats for the eyes and the tummy. I love the simple yet stunning presentation of this rhubarb lattice tart and the whole aesthetic of this white chocolate panna cotta tart.
- BitterSweet. Hannah’s blog has dozens and dozens of creative desserts, many of which would be perfect to bring to a party or potluck. Brewed chocolate cheesecake? Apples and “honey” semifreddo with an apple-ginger compote?! Speculoos crème caramel?! C’mon!
- Fragrant Vanilla. Don’t let the raw-inspired recipes here fool you; they’re still quite indulgent! Check out these hazelnut cookies-and-cream parfaits, this turtle chocolate mousse tart, or these mini Snickers cheesecakes.
- Seitan is My Motor. Although Mihl doesn’t update her site quite as often anymore, it’s still a treasure trove of beautiful vegan dessert recipes, many inspired by traditional German recipes. I love the look of this fresh berry tart, these marzipan cheesecake brownie bars, and this raspberry tiramisu.
- Vegan Dollhouse. For extraordinarily cute sweets, look to Vegan Dollhouse. These visually stunning treats would impress even the most skeptical omnivore. Just look at this banana peanut butter succulent cake, this mint chocolate ice cream pie, or this galaxy cake. Adorable!
What’s your favorite resource for fun, celebratory vegan recipes?