This is, as they say, it. Today is the last day of September and the final day of MoFo 2013. I think it’s been a good run. I’m pleased that I shared more original recipes than usual, but a little disappointed that I was harried for the last week (after returning from RI) and didn’t post any new ones during that time. C’est la vie, I guess. My trip was worth it!
When I was preparing for this MoFo, I started Pinning potential recipes like crazy. But there are only so many days in the month (and only so many baked goods I can stomach), so many of those recipes went unmade. But I thought I’d share some of the ones I haven’t yet made, because there are just so many great options for working with seasonal fruit. Enjoy!
Recipes featuring apples
- Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Apple Cobbler Smoothie
- Apple and Cinnamon Pull-Apart Hot Cross Buns with Maple Icing
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam + Breakfast Parfait
Recipes featuring blackberries
Recipes featuring blueberries
Recipes featuring pumpkin (…yeah, there are a lot…)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pots de Creme
- Five-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge
- Frosty Pumpkin Shake
- Garlic Pumpkin Knots
- No-Bake Pumpkin Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Chai
- Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Vanilla Glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Spelt Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Although some of the above recipes were posted during this MoFo, many of them have been available for a few years. So I thought I’d also share some non-seasonal-fruit recipes from this MoFo that made me drool. My fellow bloggers cooked up some amazing concoctions this past month!
- Baklava Cupcakes (And check out pretty much all of Luca’s other post from MoFo—there are a ton of intriguing savory cupcake recipes!)
- Butterbeer (Very sweet, I’m sure, but perfect for a Harry Potter party!)
- Gobi Aloo Wrap (An Indian meal in a wrap—genius.)
- Hearts of Palm Crab Cakes (These are just the perfect little cakes!)
- Mandelhörnchen, aka Marzipan Almond Crescents (Mihl’s theme taught me SO much about German baking!)
- Milk Duds (Even if you’re not a Mad Men fan, check out Kelly’s theme for the beautiful photos and food styling.)
- Raw Banoffee Pie (I don’t even like bananas very much, and this still makes me drool.)
- Salted Caramels (I love J.J.’s Cocomels, sooo…)
Whew! I think that’s enough links for now. :)
To wrap up, here’s a photo of a recipe I created last August in preparation for MoFo. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out the way I’d wanted, so I never posted it. But I’m thinking I’ll perfect it soon and share it then. I still have lots of other ideas I never implemented, so look out for more seasonal (and slightly unseasonal) fruit recipes in the months to come!
How was YOUR vegan month of food? What recipes inspired you?
3 thoughts on “MoFo 2013: A Compendium of Recipes I Didn’t Make (Yet)”
Congrats on getting through the month! I’ve really enjoyed your fruity posts and recipes :) I’ve saved so many recipes this month I don’t know where to start- you’ve just given me MORE I want to make. Out of these I’ve mad Ricki’s chocolate pumpkin pots de creme and the blackberry cinnamon rolls before. Both are delicious.
Thanks for highlighting my raw banoffee pie too. I loved that one.
Hello fellow Vegan Mofo’er :-)
Nice selection. I love your “Apple Pie Overnight Oats” and would like to link to your recipe on the round up post on my blog this Friday.
Nice to meet you btw.
P.S. Connect with me on Facebook (CandidaDietPlan), @candidadiettips on Twitter and Sandra Boehner on Pinterest ;-)
Hi there, thanks for stopping by! And you can absolutely feature my recipe–thanks!