How to go vegan… and how to stay vegan
Here are a few resources for going and staying vegan, from me and elsewhere.
For vegan health advice:
- VeganHealth.org: An evidence-based vegan health and nutrition resource, staffed by experts in the field.
For finding cruelty-free and vegan makeup, skincare, and body products:
- Cosmetic animal testing fact sheet: The HSUS’s resource on the hows and whys of animal testing for cosmetics products. Read that, then check out this page for tips on finding cruelty-free products.
- Finding cruelty-free makeup guide: PETA’s resource for finding cruelty-free makeup in your area; it lists brands and which chain stores carry them.
- Logical Harmony: A fantastic resource for all things makeup- and skincare-related.
For transitioning to cruelty-free products in your home:
- Ultimate vegan and cruelty-free home guide: A comprehensive look at cleaning products, bedding, and more… from real estate website Redfin, of all places!
For finding ethically made, vegan clothing:
- Ethical clothing companies with cruelty-free vegan options: My own list of some of my favorite brands, along with tips on finding ethically made clothes.
- Ethical women’s clothing on Etsy: My list of a few high-quality makers who feature vegan clothing.