Sunday again! Time to share some inspiring and mouthwatering calcium-rich recipes from my blogging compatriots. But first: happy birthday, Dad! Thanks for being one of my biggest fans. ;)
Now—on to the food!
- This Cardamom Amaranth Porridge with Stewed Strawberries is absolutely beautiful! If you’ve never checked out Golubka‘s site, go there right now and immerse yourself in her intensely creative and gorgeously photographed recipes. Substitute maple syrup for the honey in this dish to make it vegan, and enjoy this unlikely source of calcium: 31% of your RDV in a cup of uncooked grains!
- Raw kale salad gets a makeover with Produce on Parade‘s Sesame Kale Salad with Millet and Sprouted Beans. Kale, sesame seeds, and sprouted beans all contribute calcium.
- Use navy beans and butternut squash in FatFree Vegan‘s White Bean Stew with Winter Squash and Kale for maximum calcium. This stew looks like the perfect winter dinner!
- If you’re drawn to raw foods, these Amazing Raw Fig Bars are sure to please! I’m not a huge fan of fresh figs, but these Fig Newton-reminiscent treats from Wholehearted Eats could change my mind. Figs are a surprising source of calcium, too!
- My mouth is literally watering over this Kimchi Fried Rice with Bok Choy and Tofu from Connoisseurus Veg. Bok choy, calcium sulfate-processed tofu, and sesame seeds all contribute calcium, and anything with kimchi must be amazing!
And with that, calcium week draws to a close. So far this MoFo, I’ve covered protein, iron, and calcium. So what’s left? Everything else, of course! The next week will be a bit of a free for all; I’ll share recipes and break down all the details on their vitamin and mineral makeup. Any requests?!
What are your favorite calcium-rich recipes?