It’s the last Sunday of Vegan MoFo! Instead of sharing recipes focused on a specific nutrient, here are a few generally healthy options pulled from my Pinterest!
- Smoky Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Herbed Chickpea Dumplings from An Edible Mosaic is the stuff of my winter comfort-food dreams. Despite its rather unimpressive coloring, cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C. And besan (chickpea flour) boasts quite a lot of protein and a not insignificant amount of iron.
- I’m a sucker for cheesy sandwich spreads, and One Small Vegan‘s Nacho Cheez White Bean Spread looks mighty enticing. Make it with navy beans for extra calcium and protein!
- Coconut and Berries rarely has recipes that don’t appeal to me, and I’ve been eying these No-Bake Cranberry Jam Tarts for ages! Made with whole foods, these are truly a healthy dessert.
- I’ve been feeling nostalgic for Ireland and Scotland lately (must be the cooler weather!), so vegan haggis from Maple Spice looks like the perfect way to satisfy my noshtalgia! Lentils, almonds, and mushrooms make this a much more appealing version of “real” haggis. :)
- Vegan Richa‘s Kesar Burfi (almond semolina saffron “fudge”) is a gorgeous-looking dessert. Semolina offers quite a lot of protein and a decent amount of iron, too!
What recipes appeal to you today?
2 thoughts on “Lazy Sunday: A Bunch More Recipes You Should Totally Make”
Congrats on making it through Vegan MoFo! I’ve really enjoyed your posts and hope you’ll be keeping up regular posting :)
Thanks for sharing my cranberry jam tarts!
Thanks, Emma! I’m feeling re-invigorated, so I think I’ll be posting more often!