Hey-o! Suddenly it’s nearly seven in the evening and I’ve yet to even think about a MoFo post. What does that mean? It’s survey time! Imma do one of the original MoFo surveys, because I filled out the 2010 version already.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond! Generally Almond Breeze, but I’ll admit it – I like Silk’s version, too.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I’m getting ready to dive into Viva Vegan! tomorrow, and I’m pretty excited. But I’m not going to share exactly what I’m planning to make, because that would ruin the surprise!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Geeze… I don’t know. I tried making some apple bread from scratch once, and it was just weeeird. I hadn’t figured out the science of baked goods at that point.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Uh. Cucumbers. I’m not really a fan of any other pickled things… it’s that whole aversion to vinegar, y’know?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
Well, there’s my infamous “Crap I Want to Make” Pages document, in which I store terribly-organized links to bloggy recipes. Then I tend to use tiny bits of paper as placeholders for recipes that catch my fancy while I’m reading through a cookbook, which inevitably means that my cookbooks have bits of paper between every page. Heh.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Here in my apartment, trash, recycling, and garbage disposal. I composted a bit during the summer when I could sneakily bring things to the compost bin at the garden, but now that’s not available. :(
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
How dare you. Umm. Dark chocolate… kale… peanut butter? I detest this question.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Every Christmas morning we ate cinnamon buns and grapefruits. Still do, actually; last year my mommy made vegan cinnamon buns and they were out of this world.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I’ve really only tried a few, but Coconut Bliss is the shizz.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Oy. I don’t really have many fancy-pants appliances right now, sooo… my stove. Hahah.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I have an American Girl cookbook back home somewhere. Hmm – when I go back to my parents’ house for Christmas, I should totally dig it out and veganize some of the recipes!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Cherry, maybe? Or apricot?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Let’s be honest – any decadent baked good will do.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu; I’m boring.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I love baking. As for time of day, I like afternoon cookery, but I’m only home in the afternoon on weekends, alas.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A glass serving plate, a giant tin of sesame sticks, a martini shaker, a ridiculous cow-udder shot glass, and vodka.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
A big ol’ bag of cherry tomatoes I froze during the summer, kale I also froze during the summer, and tons of frozen baked goods!
20. What’s on your grocery list?
I just went grocery shopping! Umm… still need some EB and vanilla, though.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Woodman’s. I love its lack of fanciness and its surprisingly large stock of organic/natural/vegan-friendly foods.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
I want to work on some of the traditional Portuguese recipes my Grammy and Vava used to make when I was a kid.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Oh pshaw. I love you all!
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Okay, I’m a boring purist type person – I really only indulge in dark chocolate!
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
If we’re talking price, I bought a bottle of applejack brandy the other day. IT’S BEEN A ROUGH WEEK; DON’T JUDGE.
…dude, I filled out this survey last year, too. Aaand most of my answers haven’t changed, although there’s 200% more alcohol in this post. SRSLY DON’T JUDGE.
Yay; hooray; that was fun… but this post is lacking something visual
that’s not too abysmal. How about a stack of fluffy, whole wheat pancakes? I’ll post the recipe for these babies soon, but for now you can just look at them in all their fluffy, puffy glory.
P.S. Lest you think it was sunny and warm today, it wasn’t. This is an old, previously-unseen photo. It was grey and rainy and cold… all the better to get a head start on my holiday knitting! Woohoo!
How’s the weather where you live? What did you do today?