Week Three: Ingredient Challenges
Today is Chocolate Cupcake Day,
but you can make anything you want with chocolate!
This VeganMoFo, I tell ya. I’ll be honest: I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t been able to share as many brand-new original recipes as I’d have liked. Chalk it up to a few factors — being on vacation during the first few days of the month; being busy with freelance work; various recipes failing on the first try — but there it is.
Today, another sob story: I wanted to share a recipe for a super chocolaty banana soft serve, but alas, my bananas did not cooperate. They were either too ripe (like, I put them in the freezer when they were black and smooshy and now their only possible use is for banana bread) or too unripe (I refuse — REFUSE — to eat bananas when any green is showing on the stem).
Then I thought I might make some chocolate aquafaba mousse, because I’ve never made one that truly succeeded. But Steven is avoiding added sugar at the moment, and I didn’t want to make something he couldn’t eat. (And I do think some sugar is required for a dish like this.)
Then I got sick! It’s a minor cold, but I am not up to the triple threat that is preparing a post for a new recipe (cooking the food and documenting the recipe; staging and photographing the food; editing the photos of the food). So, instead, please accept this chocolate recipe round-up — and my sincere apologies for not giving you more. Luckily I’ve already made and shot the recipe for tomorrow, so at least I’ll have something new to share then! In the meantime… CHOCOLATE.
- These are my current favorite brownies, featuring aquafaba!
- These also look gooey and incredible.
- For the gluten-free crowd, these look like a solid choice.
- And here’s another fudgy-as-f*ck option.
- I humbly submit my own black bean brownies.
Vegan chocolate cookies and bars
- Isa’s fantastic Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles. I haven’t made these in a while, but they’re always amazing.
- Chocolate peppermint crinkles — perfect for the holidays!
- Chocolate-covered cookie dough bars.
Vegan chocolate cakes, pies, and tarts
- The ultimate vegan chocolate cake.
- A Twix tart!
- A chocolate-soaked chocolate almond espresso cake.
- A super-rich flourless fudge cake.
Vegan chocolate puddings and frozen treats
- How about chocolate mousse with caramel sauce?
- Extremely creamy, rich chocolate ice cream.
- For a slightly lighter option, dark chocolate sorbet.
Vegan chocolate drinks, boozy and not
- Cocoa and cinnamon hot chocolate (I’d use cocoa powder instead of cacao, personally).
- A super creamy double chocolate chip frappuccino.
- Tequila-spiked Mexican hot chocolate.
- Super creamy chocolate milk.
Vegan chocolate candies and fudge
- KINDER BUENO BARS, veganized. I really, really need to make these.
- Five-ingredient salted caramel peanut butter truffles.
- Chocolate-topped buttercrunch toffee. Yes, please.
- Good ol’ fashioned fudge.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Deliciousness | VeganMoFo 2017 Day Eighteen”
At least you have plenty of chocolate recipes to fall back on! Get well soon.
I’ve just gone through and bookmarked a load of those recipes. Maybe it’s because I’m hungry right now but wow, I could so eat all of those!
Hope you feel better soon :)